Chef Bleifer Curried Chicken Salad
Chef Robert Bleifer
Chef Robert Bleifer created this East-meets-West simple and classic recipe to pair with our Lloyd Cellars Carneros Chardonnay!
Course Main Course
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or safflower or sunflower
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken leftover or rotisserie
- 1 small apple chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 small stalk celery chopped into ¼ inch pieces (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste my chicken was very well seasoned, and I didn’t need to add additional salt
- Bread and baby romaine for serving
Add oil to a small saute pan, stir in curry powder and place over low heat. Stir often for about 3 minutes, or until the curry mixture gets fragrant and just starts to bubble. Pour the curry into a medium bowl and add mayo. Stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt andpepper to taste. Serve with bread and greens.
Keyword Chardonnay, Curried Chicken Salad, Lloyd Cellars