Curry Up and Try This Delicious Food and Wine Pairing
As we transition from spring to summertime, outdoor dining and picnics can become a weekly event. Creating simple all-in-one dishes that hold up well to time and travel is a winning strategy. Chef Robert Bleifer’s Curried Chicken Salad is the perfect East-meets-West dish that can be served on bread, in a lettuce wrap, or over a fresh green salad. We hope you enjoy and remember to follow Chef Bleifer on Instagram at @chef_robear!
Tip: keep your curry on the milder side when pairing with wines.
Need more of our Lloyd Cellars Carneros Chardonnay? Click to order here!
Chef Bleifer Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or safflower or sunflower
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken leftover or rotisserie
- 1 small apple chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 small stalk celery chopped into ¼ inch pieces (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste my chicken was very well seasoned, and I didn’t need to add additional salt
- Bread and baby romaine for serving
- Add oil to a small saute pan, stir in curry powder and place over low heat. Stir often for about 3 minutes, or until the curry mixture gets fragrant and just starts to bubble. Pour the curry into a medium bowl and add mayo. Stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt andpepper to taste. Serve with bread and greens.