Curry Up and Try This Delicious Food and Wine Pairing
As we transition from spring to summertime, outdoor dining and picnics can become a weekly event. Creating simple all-in-one dishes that hold up well to time and travel is a winning strategy. Chef Robert Bleifer’s Curried Chicken Salad is the perfect East-meets-West dish that can be served on bread, in a lettuce wrap, or over a fresh green salad. We hope you enjoy and remember to follow Chef Bleifer on Instagram at @chef_robear!
Tip: keep your curry on the milder side when pairing with wines.
Need more of our Lloyd Cellars Carneros Chardonnay? Click to order here!
Chef Bleifer Curried Chicken Salad
Chef Robert Bleifer created this East-meets-West simple and classic recipe to pair with our Lloyd Cellars Carneros Chardonnay!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or safflower or sunflower
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken leftover or rotisserie
- 1 small apple chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 small stalk celery chopped into ¼ inch pieces (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste my chicken was very well seasoned, and I didn’t need to add additional salt
- Bread and baby romaine for serving
- Add oil to a small saute pan, stir in curry powder and place over low heat. Stir often for about 3 minutes, or until the curry mixture gets fragrant and just starts to bubble. Pour the curry into a medium bowl and add mayo. Stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt andpepper to taste. Serve with bread and greens.